A concerned Malaysian writes about current affairs in Malaysia. If you like this site, please tell your relatives and friends. WE have the POWER TO CHANGE MALAYSIA. If you want to read earlier posts, please remove the "2" from this URL

Monday, April 23, 2007

Learning More About Apostacy Cases

I think there were thousands of SMS criss-crossing Malaysia last night as I received three about a program on apostacy cases in Malaysia.

The SMS read:

"Don mis astro 9:30 2nite on aljazera news.it will make u ? wat d msain govt is doing abt apostacy cases, specifically involving conversion out of islam n its impact on non-muslims here.never b4 seen footage of apostate in detention, taken by Ong Julin, filmaker re:broga incinerator.PLS 4WARD"

That made for an interesting preview and my brother wanted to come over to watch.So I decided that the Chelsea-Newscastle soccer match was too boring anyway. I thought it was quite strange that the authorities would want anyone to know what goes on behind those detention doors.

Come 9:30 and alJazeera was showing a documentary on Iraq. My brother made a phone call and soon I guess a few thousand more SMS were again being sent all over Malaysia.

So I have a new SMS that reads:

"Sorry correction - al Jareera prog(Everywoman) on apostacy. Its at 12:30am today mon 1130am, 5pm. tue 1:30pm, wed 1030am,3:30pm; thurs 2:30pm, fri 3pm."

I encourage all Malaysians to check it out to study how much we have progressed as a nation that promises freedom of religion to all citizens.

No comments: